Most children have a hard time understanding why they cannot have sugar. Yes, your dentist has told you that sugar feeds cavity-causing bacteria. But your children still want something sweet. Do not fret, as the following strawberry jam ice cream recipe should satisfy your child's sweet tooth and oral health.
Recipe For Your Strawberry Ice Cream Delight
You'll need the following for your homemade strawberry jam:
- 2 cups of frozen crown-less strawberries
- 1 cup of fresh crown-less strawberries
- ⅔ a cup of raw honey
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Place a small saucepan over medium-heat
- Heat the frozen strawberries until juice oozes out.
- Add the rest of the ingredients when you see the juice. Mix the ingredients well, and continue to cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and continue to cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
- The jam is ready when the strawberries burst. You can let it cook a little longer for a thicker consistency.
- Store your jam in a mason jar, and set it aside, or put it in your refrigerator.
You'll need the following for the ice cream:
- 14 ounces of coconut milk
- ¾ of a cup of coconut sugar
- ½ a cup of sunflower seed butter
- ½ a cup of your delicious homemade strawberry jam
- Mix the coconut milk and sugar well.
- Put this mixture into your ice cream maker, and follow the directions. Add your sunflower seed butter when the ice cream begins to thicken.
- Place the mixture in a bowl, and add the strawberry jam. Mix the two ingredients just a little.
- Freeze the mixture for 2 to 3 hours and enjoy.
Oral-Enhancing Secrets In Your Strawberry Ice Cream:
1. Raw Honey
The first ingredient in your strawberry jam ice cream to pay attention to is raw honey. Honey contains several antibacterial properties that should help your entire family's oral health. For one, honey contains enzymes that diminish the reproductive properties of oral pathogens. That should definitely help protect your family's oral health from dental ailments, like tooth erosion and cavities.
Honey also contains high levels of minerals and carbohydrates, which make it highly osmotic. This osmotic nature should help honey dehydrate oral bacteria to death.
2. Malic Acid
The strawberries in the recipe have a high malic acid content. Malic acid is a powerful ingredient that should help enhance your entire family's oral health. First off, malic acid is naturally astringent and helps break down bacterial biofilm. Bacterial biofilm can lead to stains, plaque, tartar, and gingivitis.
Malic acid also helps stimulate your salivary glands. This is important because saliva is your first line of defense against bacterial attacks. Saliva carries enzymes that kill bacteria. And it does not stop there; saliva also contains calcium and other nutrients to remineralize your tooth's enamel. That means your teeth should be ready to withstand bacterial attacks.
Remember these ingredients are only meant to help your family's oral health, not cure any present issues.
As you can see, your entire family can enjoy these dental-friendly ingredients. All you have to do is keep adding these ingredients to other recipes. Contact a general dentist in your area for more tips.Share